1995 seadoo gauges

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question regarding the 2 gauges in my seadoo gtx specifically the multi gauge
It has an oil light, temp light, low fuel light and a voltage light then there is a lcd in the center.
When I start my machine all lights come on and go off except low fuel light.
The lcd blinks and displays nothing.
What is supposed to be displayed here? Fuel level or hours or both in which case is I’d just a problem with my fuel level?
I look forward to hearing everyone’s input and thank you in advance.
-scott

The info gauge displays the fuel level on the LCD.

These older skis don't have an hour meter.

There are a couple likely issues with the guage. One is that the polarizing film has gotten old and is no longer allowing you to see the LCD read out. To fix this you need to take the gauge apart and replace the film. This is not a hard job but a delicate one

The second is that you fuel float in the tank has lost its magnets. In the situation the magents will just be sitting in the bottom of the baffle causing the gauge to always read no fuel. This is a pretty simple fix, you just order a new fuel float from sbt. The original ones were made out of pumice stone or something and degrade. The updated one from sbt will be plastic and will likely never need to be replaced again.

My 2 cents....FWIW....the fuel baffle in the tank has some 'typical"problems:
1) EASY...the plastic cap on the bottom of the baffle falls out thus allowing the float to fall out of the baffle so the console guage always reads empty.....you can pull the baffle out and see this easy enough...if it is so, then fish out the plastic cap and the float (you can get a long flexible 4 prong retriever from Harbor Freight, for a couple bucks...they come in handy for other stuff too).....put the float back into the baffle, put the cap back into the bottom of the baffle...probably best to melt the cap into the sides of the baffle (heat the end of a screwdriver or use a soldering iron), re-assemble and see if that fixes the fuel level issue, use the volt meter to test if the baffle is giving resistance readings as you tip it back and forth. If not, then......
2) The fuse F1 on the baffle circuit board is blown...this is technically fixable.....you'd need to cut a hole in the top side of the baffle assembly in the right spot to actually reach the /circuit board & fuse, then bridge the fuse with some careful soldering (but this will then negate the fuse as a source of protection...so your call). Melt the cut piece back to the baffle tube...no need to fill all the gaps of the baffle cuts as it is submerged in gas most of the time anyway, re-install everything and test the fuel level function.....use a volt meter to see if the float is giving a resistance reading as you tip the baffle back and forth...if not then..
3) time to replace the fuel baffle assembly itself......NOTE: the newer assemblies have 1/4" AND 5/16" nipples on the top, most older machines used 1/4" fuel hose...so this was a slight problem....I simply reamed out the inside of the 1/4" fuel hose JUST enough to slip over the 5/16" nipples....problem solved.

FINALLY....if not already done....replace all the fuel hoses from GREY TEMPO lines to standard black 1/4" hoses and might as well replace the fuel selector switch at this time. Patience is the key here.....good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back