1995 gtx leaking water HELP!!!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd083

hey everyone. this past weekend took the ski into town and filled up with gas. went down to the lake and for the first 10 min she ran beautiful. I stopped for a few minutes and then restarted to go back and pick up my gf so we could go out together. On my return as soon as i hit 30 mph the ski would start to bog down. i would let off the the throttle and hit it again and the same thing. So i took my time heading back to shore. I loaded it back on the trailer and remove the seat and the engine compartment was filling with water. i pulled the drain plug emptied it. i put the ski back in the water looking to see if i could see water pouring in without starting it. No water leaks. I start up the machine and i notice water rushing in near the flame arrestor and carb area. It was so hard to see exactly where the leak is. I was going to put back in water and take the flame arrestor off and try running it to get a better idea. can i do that or is that not good for the motor? i dont wanna damage the ski anymore. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be. i appreciate the input kindly

Does the 95 GTX have a flushing hose hookup on the rear of the ski? I know the 95 XP did not. If it does, hook up your garden hose to the connection near the pump, start the ski, then turn on the water. (Doesn't have to be full pressure) look for your leaks.

Once you find it, turn off the hose, then shut down the engine. Very important to do it in that order, or you will fill your exhaust system with water & soon after flood the engine. Its happened to many people.

Hopefully its just a cooling hose, or maybe a rusted out plug weld on the exhaust pipe.

If you don't have a hook up on the back of the ski, you will need to remove the hose that goes to the pump & connect that to your garden hose. I little bit of a pain, but fairly simple. If your not sure, just check back in., or post a few pictures if your able too.

68RT

Thanks for the reply. i do not have a hose connection on the rear of the ski. Last year i took the pump off due to a bad drive shaft.While it was all apart i changed out the wear ring as well. the ski has a connection on the top of motor for a hose connect. Can i take off the flame arrestor to get a better look or will this damage the motor?

The flame arrestor will come off no problem. You shouldnt mess anythin up by removing it and getting access to carbs. Only thing it may have a bracket that attaches to exhaust, other than that it has little to do w being "part" of the exhaust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back