RESTO 1994 xp

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

matempl

I have a 94 xp that was part of a purchase of 2 skis and a trailer. I wanted the trailer and the 95 xp. The 94 needs to be gone through. It runs but on start up with fresh fuel it basically goes to 5k rpm. It responds to throttle but never runs below 5k. I’m thinking carbs need to be rebuilt. I would love to go through this ski but it might cause a divorce. It has 135 psi compression ant the rotary valve holds pressure. What would this ski be worth in season? I’m in no cal. Any thoughts?
The hull is in awesome shape. It needs normal things like seat cover handle bar cover clean up and some basic maintenance.

Sounds like you have an air leak causing the 5k idle. To go through and fix everything would probably take $500-$600 and I don’t think you could get more than $1000 for it here California.
This is assuming nothing mechanical is wrong.

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking on price. Most likely I’ll hang on to it till summer and see what it brings on a single trailer. It’s a shame they are not worth more. I have a 04 yz250 that I’ve had for 11 years and it’s still worth 2500 and that’s what I paid for it. When you think about how much fun they are you would think they would have more value.

OK it rained here today so I started playing with this xp. To pressure test I pulled the carbs and it looks like I can use 1.5 inch expandable rubber plugs there. I pulled the upper pipe and I can make a plate to seal that. Sparks plugs in and pressure through the pulse line. 10 psi. Does that sound right? Am I missing anything?

So it held pressure. Pulled carbs apart and they look clean. Main diaphragm is deformed and not soft like I think it should be. Think I could get by with just diaphragms or do I need complete kits? I have never been a carb guy. I’m an auto mechanic by trade and am comfortable with doing most anything mechanical but have had more failures than success with carbs and getting them set up.

I would say 100% replace all the parts that come in the genuine Mikuni kits and needle and seats. Don’t use the new springs though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back