1994 SP Throttle Handle/Cable

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

lawrencesoto

I need some advice regarding the throttle handle/cable.. I have a 1994 Seadoo SP, Single Carb and I just finished rebuilding and reinstalling the carb. I noticed that the throttle handle tension is very loose. There is no tension at all when I squeeze the throttle handle. Attached are the pictures of the oil and throttle cable. I believe I have everything on correctly. The only thing I have not done yet is bleed the oil lines. Can this be causing the loose tension? Or is there something else I'm missing? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 20190803_175721.jpg
    20190803_175721.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 10
  • 20190804_134326.jpg
    20190804_134326.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 10
I'll assume you took the nut of the bell crank on the carb? I can see fresh brass and not black paint. Also seems the spring might be upside down and not tensioned/preloaded.

Where the choke and throttle cables bolt onto the air intake is wheee you can adjust the tension. If it’s so loose that there’s no tension, your spring for the throttle return may be shot. This is completely due to assembly, not oil pressure. Mess around with the tensioner ( the part that bolts into the air box) and see if you can if you can get it tight again.

Yes, I removed the nut off the bell crank.... Rookie move.

If I remove the nut and flip the spring, how do I apply preloaded/tensioned?

Where the choke and throttle cables bolt onto the air intake is wheee you can adjust the tension. If it’s so loose that there’s no tension, your spring for the throttle return may be shot. This is completely due to assembly, not oil pressure. Mess around with the tensioner ( the part that bolts into the air box) and see if you can if you can get it tight again.

Thank you. I will try this and hopefully I can get it tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back