1994 sp issues return

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

SPrider13

So I bought a 94 sp 3 years ago and besides needing a starter and relay I’ve had relatively no other issues. This weekend I brought it out of winterization, put fresh gas, gum out, and Sea foam in the tank. She started right up with a fresh battery and ran all day perfect. Near the end of the day I took it out then it sat at my anchor for a hour. When I went back to start it up and drive it back to the marina, no go. Just kept cranking. Fuel was fine had a little under half a tank. Very confused why it was running perfect one moment and not the next. It is definitely due for a carb clean but I’m not sure how to go about that. Just confused why it would run good one second and just turn over the next. Any help would be appreciated. Also read about how the fuel lines can be gross and full of green goop so carb, plugs, fuel lines are my first options. Let me know what you guys think.

Compression and spark are fine. Took it out the other day and it started right up. Guess I flooded it. Ran fine today but after a hour or so of riding, I shut it off and put it on the anchor. Came out two hours later and nothin. Just kept cranking. Then I cranked it w the throttle all the way down and it started up. After this it did run rough and would die at idle if I didn’t give it a little gas. Prob going to replace fuel lines and do a carb clean/repair. Anyone know good places for carb rebuild kits for these skis? Any help would be appreciated. Next door neighbor gave me a great deal on a turbo aquatrqx so I’m trying to get this one working and sell ASAP. Hurts me to leave the Sea-Doo gang but the newer seadoos are insanely pricey. Anyways, thx for the help as always

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back