1994 SeaDoo XP Turning over slow

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 1994 SeaDoo XP that turns over very slowly with the plugs in, but extremely quickly with the plugs out.
The battery is brand new We get 90 in one cylinder and 50 in the other (psi). The piston getting 50 psi has a ton of gashes on the piston and the head. I want to know if it is the starter, The head or cylinder, the bearing, the gasket for piston number 2, or anything else. I might need a high torque starter... I found a link but anything helps. http://www.shopsbt.com/jetski/sea-doo-starter-sp-gt-spi-gts-gtx-xp-spx-88-89.html
Thank you in advance.

Well I wouldn't be worried about the starter or even trying to start it at this point.
If you piston and head is damaged and you compression is that low you just need to rebuild it.

If it is as bad as you say the pistons are probably partially seized and the increased friction could be causing the slow crank.
Also don't buy those junk aftermarket starters.

Rebuilding the engine... Is that worth it? I was thinking if I had to rebuild the engine I'm either ordering a new one, ordering a new engine block, or just rebuilding it with titanium parts...

What?? You don't order a new engine block and there are not titanium parts. I assume you are joking?

In my opinion a 94' XP isn't worth dumping that kind of money into. A full rebuild will be around $1,000 when all is said and done.

I have a friend that makes titanium parts and is willing to make me a titanium Sea doo XP 1994 engine for quite a bit of cash... Could you send me a link to an engine rebuild kit or any places in Colorado that could do it for 500? Or just buy a new engine for it... anyways I need a link

Also could you also tell me if that will fix my problem, how long it will take to install and, if they are even worth it? Also will I need anything else than jut an engine? I am willing to spend 1k plus tax and shipping so if there is anything I might also need please tell me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Google is your friend. Just search SBT.
No idea how long it would take you. About a day for me.
You also need to find out why yours failed so plan on a full rebuild of the fuel system.
In my opinion a 94' XP is not worth the trouble, old hull and small engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back