1994 seadoo xp problem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

teddy1994

hello everyone, plese help me get my ski goin again! one day i went into the garage and hit the start button and.......nothin! i checked the battery...its good. then i replaced the solenoid and still nothing. every wire is hooked up right. when i jump the soleniod it cranked but no spark. im tired of messing with it. please help! thanks

The push button switch that the lanyard goes on does not sound like it's doing it's thing. That is a "normally open" switch so you can unplug it and test with a multi-meter. On any ohm setting you should see it zero out when a probe from the tester is on each switch wire and the button is pressed.

Did you check the 2 fuses in the black electrical box? Is it dry in there? Are the ground terminals corroded?

im tired of working on it everything checkes out good so i really dont know whats going on. could it be the starter relay even though i replaced it?

Just a stab in the dark since you said you replaced the solenoid, but disonnect all the wires going to the small posts and do a continuity check/ohm reading between the two posts. Another member was hitting a similar problem that turned out to be a bad coil in the solenoid.

update! got the ski to turn over with the button correctly, but now i have no spark. it ran last summer so im kinda confused on whats going on. if you have any ideas please reapond. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back