1994 Seadoo XP 657 engine, no spark.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Asleeee

Hello to the good people of the Seadoo forum.

I'm helping a friend of mine with some troubleshooting on a 1994 Seadoo XP with a 657 engine and double coil.

My buddy has already replaced the MPEM module before I got in the picture. The engine stalled all of a sudden one day, and wouldn't start again. So I've measured the stop switch, start switch, safety switch, start solenoid, all the ground/power supplies to the engine, MPEM module and CDI module; all seems to be in order.

So I brought out my oscilloscope and measured the signal from the magneto to the CDI (see attached pictures for voltages and signal wave), there seems to be a signal voltage from the magneto on both the black/red and white wire. But I'm not getting any signal voltage out from the CDI to the coil. We tried replacing the CDI, but still the same. (Might mention the CDI was used, but previous owner said it was working fine).

I've tried to disconnect the black/red wire from the MPEM module, as I understand this is the rev. limiter wire, and also disconnected the black/white wire from the MPEM module, as I understand this I the ground to stop the engine. But still to no avail.

Does anyone here know how the signal from the magneto coils should look on an oscilloscope? On my pictures it's inducing a voltage peak of 10 volts ca. and the time frame is 50ms per square. It's measured between red/black and white wire to ground, the voltages seems to be the same on both, they should not be maybe? I'm thinking that I have the wrong signal voltage/curve or that the used CDI is defective.

I'm gonna attach pictures of the signal voltages, the wiring diagram, and from the connection box on the seadoo.

All help much appreciated on advance!

Seadoo 1 scope.jpg

Seadoo 2 scope.jpg
Seadoo wiring XP.jpg
Seadoo 1 electrical.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back