1994 SeaDoo SPX 657 Wont run

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

seadoo_girl

I just purchased a 1994 sea doo spx, the guy I bought it from said it ran great, he winterized it and then supposedly cleaned out all fog so that the jetski would run. When we went to hear it run the previous owner couldnt start it. It would run for a few seconds but it wouldnt rev up. The motor seemed like it had good compression but it seemed to be running on only one cylinder, one of the spark plugs was getting super hot and the other was cold and smelled like oil. This sea doo does have the oil injection as well, I dont know if that matters or not, as this is my first jetski. Could someone please help me to figure out whats wrong with my jetski. Any help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks.

You shouldn't run it unless it is either in the water or on the garden hose. If it is on the hose start it up first and then turn on the water. let it just idle for no more than 5 minutes as the jet pump bearings a seals will get hot due to it not being in the water. Shut off the water then shut off the engine in that order. If it was just fogged it could be the spark plugs are fouled from the fogging. Replace the spark plugs and see how it runs. The correct spark plugs are NGK BR8ES plugs gapped to .020 -.024". Change the spark plugs and see if it fires up.

Karl

Thanks for telling me about connecting it to the hose, I was not aware I was supposed to do that, the spark plugs were replaced and it keeps getting one of the plugs super hot and the other one is cold. The one that is cold smells like oil and is drenched in gas. Could the carbs need a good cleaning from the fogger? Any help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks

If it's been sitting for a while it might need to have the carbs cleaned and adjusted properly. It seems like all the selling owners say their seadoos run great...till you get it home. It's best to test drive it before you buy it and take it home to be sure. Have you done a compression test? It should be ideally at 150 psi per cylinder. If you have any other questions or need to know how to do something with it, give us a shout.We also have seadoo manuals in the "Premium Section" that you can down load and print off, or read on line...It's like $10.95 for a month.

Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back