1994 Sea-Doo XP Piston

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

loganclark54

So, if you’ve been following my issues, I had rebuilt the carburetors and finally got the ski running. Dumped it in the water and it wouldn’t go above 2,500 RPM’s. So, this evening I was digging around to find the issue. Dug into the engine, for some reason, but I’m glad I did. I am going to post a picture with this thread, so y’all can see the issue, or what I think is an issue. From looking at the posted picture, am I going to need a top end result? New pistons? New what? And, what’s a good brand to go with? I know there are fake Mikuni kits out there, so not sure if it is the same with top end stuff.

Attachments

• C49C66A7-9456-4AD8-87D9-AA97C463FD88.jpeg
    C49C66A7-9456-4AD8-87D9-AA97C463FD88.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 20
It sure looks like you’re ready for a top end... As far as brands go, I think there are several different camps in the forum, so I’ll let a few of the guys that rebuild these things on a daily basis jump in...

Easiest is to send the jugs off to FullBore Online and the WSM pistons are fine for a stock rebuild.

You need to have the cylinders bored out and fitted for new oversized pistons. You will not have any luck just installing standard sized pistons.

You will want a top end kit that comes with pistons, rings, piston pins, snap rings, pin bearings and gaskets.

Make sure you catch all the loose needle bearings when you pull the piston pins. If one gets into the crank and is not recovered you will ruin your engine.

Paid Full Bore the $285 for the boring end kit. I have emailed the company twice and have not gotten an email back yet. Is this place a scam? Did I just throw away $285?

Full Bore has been around a long time. I’ve always heard they do good work, but can be quite slow at times... Try giving them a call, I’m sure you’ll get it sorted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back