1993 SPX/GTX choke cable help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

discgolfer

I need a little help understanding what my options are. I have a 1993 SPX (with maybe a GTX engine in it as it's a dual carb) with a broken choke cable, part #277000099.
This resource shows that it's an "A" type (4-5" rod on the end) with a "Tee" handle.
seadoosource.com/chokecableinfo.html

So here's my issue. The part is discontinued and I can't find it anywhere. I started thinking maybe I could use some of the other choke cables on this list. I'm going to get the length of the cable tonight when I visit my mechanic but I had a couple questions.

1. Can I use a longer cable and just have the extra wrapped up in the engine component?
2. Does it matter which handle type I go with, are the knob and tee handles interchangeable?
3. Does someone know the length of the original cable?

Since I can't get the original part I'm trying to figure out what my options are. Has anyone had success using a throttle cable in place of the choke cable somehow? Thanks for the help in advance!

How about installing a primer instead?,,they work faster than chokes.
I've read it's not ideal to put a primer on a machine that calls for a choke.. I was able to get the part from OSDParts. They seem to be the only aftermarket supplier for these old PWCs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back