1993 SP question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jschmid26

Hey guys new to the forum! I got a 1993 seadoo SP from a neighbor and I am working through the kinks! I have one hose no matter what manual I read I can’t figure out where it goes. Any thoughts on this? Looks long enough to run from the rear under the motor to near the battery area. Looks like it ends up in the plastic molding and exits the rear vents.

Attachments

• 210B1A50-7D01-47D6-81C9-7E7643E17F26.jpeg
    210B1A50-7D01-47D6-81C9-7E7643E17F26.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 27
Hey guys new to the forum! I got a 1993 seadoo SP from a neighbor and I am working through the kinks! I have one hose no matter what manual I read I can’t figure out where it goes. Any thoughts on this? Looks long enough to run from the rear under the motor to near the battery area. Looks like it ends up in the plastic molding and exits the rear vents.

From my understanding it is just another vent tube. I don't use it. But probably for the battery (if you don't have a sealed battery)

Thanks for the fast response guys! I am waiting for a carb rebuild kit to arrive and I should be good to go. Good compression, verified good spark, new battery, went through fuel system (no grey lines all black automotive lines). Been sitting for around 3 years prepped for the sit properly. Excited to get out and ride

Anyone know where I can find the rear mat for the platform? Trying to make it a nice clean example of a 93.

Attachments

• 15659FB5-EBD8-4CF9-83A8-089FC08F694A.jpeg
    15659FB5-EBD8-4CF9-83A8-089FC08F694A.jpeg
    5.7 MB · Views: 21
Is that stock?

I never remember seeing a rear bumper like that on an SP that old.

Yup, I just looked it up and that was on there. I'm forgetting things. The DOO dealer I worked for skipped the 93 SPs because they were over stocked on 92's, our 92 summer was wet and cold so sales were terrible.

One on ebay.
Screenshot_20200423-194305_eBay.jpg

Last edited:
99577B46-501C-4460-8745-F67CFFBA77B8.jpeg
pulled apart the carb found water must have gotten in here. The two screws by the needle and seat and spring actuated lever broke off in the body of the carb.Best place to get a new carb? I am a mechanic by trade they rnt coming out. Tried to drill and extract with little luck. Last piece of the puzzle. Have read the carb thread like crazy lately to know how to rebuild properly

Is that stock?

I never remember seeing a rear bumper like that on an SP that old.

Yup, I just looked it up and that was on there. I'm forgetting things. The DOO dealer I worked for skipped the 93 SPs because they were over stocked on 92's, our 92 summer was wet and cold so sales were terrible.

One on ebay.
View attachment 47525

I believe it is stock. The plastic housing is fine it’s just the rubber rear bumper held in by rivets it looks like that is torn. No luck finding it yet maybe a next year project.

That's an extension and was a genuine Seadoo accessory I think so not all of them will have it.

For a carb you can get a brand new one form OSD Seadoo.

That's an extension and was a genuine Seadoo accessory I think so not all of them will have it.

For a carb you can get a brand new one form OSD Seadoo.
What carb would I need from OSD? I don’t see mine on there. I found one on eBay with intake manifold and rotary valve for 100 bucks. No moisture inside carb

You’ll have to contact OSD.
For used I can’t recommend Westside Powersports enough since he guarantees all his stuff and can even rebuild with genuine Mikuni parts before sending it out.

I have a 92 SP carb. Should be the same. But I haven't looked into the carb so it could have its own problems. But I don't have a problem looking at it if your interested.

Okay guys. Rebuilt the carb with all OEM parts and got it running. Took it to the lake after 5 seconds of idle due to no hose attachment. Let it idle on the trailer and it idled great in the water even gave it some light revs and responded well. I turned off the motor and launched it for a basic put around the no wake area. Upon warm start I have to choke the hell out of it to get it to run for a second or two. When I took it back home after it cooled down it ran much better. I will be adjusting the low speed screw tonight on the carb and verifying spark but any other common issues to be known of?

Make sure you have cooling water flow and check the oil pump adjustment.
Thanks for the reply Mikidymac. I verified the pump is pumping oil, and that water is circulating. I pulled off the carb again and everything was clean. The jet ski on the trailer would only run and start with the choke pulled. It will only seem to stay running if I feather the choke until it eventually dies. Obviously leaning out. No matter how rich I make the low speed screw it won’t stay running. Possible air leak in fuel lines? Or carb issues?

Air leak from the strainer or selector or the carbs aren’t correct. It’s definitely running lean.

Air leak from the strainer or selector or the carbs aren’t correct. It’s definitely running lean.
I will look into these things. I pulled off all fuel hoses to make sure none were clogged and put in a new fuel filter and O ring. Maybe a hose clamp isn’t all the way tight. Just weird that it ran great for the first 2 min on trailer in water, was able to give throttle and all and once I killed it to unstrap it hasent ran right since. Could bad pop off pressure affect this much of a lean issue? I can re check it. I got a full carb kit from westcoast powersports all OEM parts

You can temporarily run a hose directly from the tank to the carb to eliminate potential leaks.
Few days later and I pulled the line from the fuel filter (inlet of the carb) and put it straight into a gas can. Within 3 seconds of cranking it pulled the gas up the line with the choke pulled but same issue. Runs for 2 or 3 seconds max with no choke and dies out. And can only assume it would be worse under load. Should I be double checking pop off pressure on my carb and leak down? Also I can’t seem to find how many turns out my low speed screw should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back