1993 SeaDoo XP No Spark

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Reno_Mike

Hey all,

I’ve fixed about 90% of the issues with this ski and all that I have left (hopefully) is the ignition. I’m getting no spark with brand new plugs. Sometimes the ski fires, sometimes it doesn’t, it’s intermittent and more often than not, it just doesn’t fire. I’ve pulled the plugs and turned off the lights, closed the garage, nothing. The plugs are showing 5k in resistance. MPEM is also clean and everything checks out. Is there a way to test the spark plug boot resistors? Can I buy new coils or at least work on them? Thanks!

There are no resistors in the boots, that is why you use resistor plugs. BR8ES.
You can replace the coil but it is better to try removing the plug cap, cut 1/4" off and reinstall caps.
If it is in fact the coils, no you can't fix them but you can replace them.

There are no resistors in the boots, that is why you use resistor plugs. BR8ES.
You can replace the coil but it is better to try removing the plug cap, cut 1/4" off and reinstall caps.
If it is in fact the coils, no you can't fix them but you can replace them.
Okay, I've replaced the coils and I'm still getting intermittent spark. I read on another post that some wires from the stator were grounding each other out but they look like they've really gotten chewed up. What do you recommend be my next step? MPEM ohm testing? It's the inconsistency that is most frustrating.

1995 SPX No Spark

Back