1993 GTS with No Spark

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Johnnypro

As the title says I have a 1993 GTS that turns over but has no spark. I have replaced the MPEN box, inspected and cleaned each of the connections (ground, each individual connector, etc.), tested the kill and tether switches, and I cut some of the spark plug wire and reconnected the spark plug cap. I disconnected the wire from the magneto to the coil and measured the volts to ground. I have approx. 20 VAC with the coil connector disconnected. When connected, I have less than 5 VAC when measuring from the primary winding to ground.

Please provide any ideas that you have because I'm thinking it might be the coil but I don't want to replace another part that's not bad.

I see that this an old message but did you figure it out? I’m having the same problem , 95 GTS no spark after replacing ignition coil and new plug wires.

Very annoying when posters ask a question then never respond back with a solution (if they have/had one)...oh well.

Anyway....FWIW, see attached wiring diagram if it'll help anyone. This is a wiring diagram for a '93 GTS - 5813

Attachments

• 93 GTS wiring diagram.pdf
    332.7 KB · Views: 5
Ok this not going to fix your problem but what I discovered is when my ski is trying to crank press the stop button on the left handlebar (95 GTS) while its trying to crank and it abruptly stops........then try to crank it again, mine cranks every time after that for the rest of the day. Next day I have to do again, this fall I will fix but right now it’s over 100 degrees in my shop and the lake is calling my name. Hope this helps.

Back