1991 seadoo gt running poor

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jfulton20

so I picked up a 1991 seadoo gt for 500 bucks with a trailer and papers, ended up rebuilding the motor due to some bad crank bearings (the ball bearing cages in the pto side crank bearings broke apart, the engine still ran great but the actual ball bearings were touching each other in between the races causing a tapping noise) got it back together and its all back together now, the problem im having now is that for like the first 20 minutes of riding the engine is running really rough at higher rpms, it stutters and drops rpms and just sounds bad, but after riding it like that for a little bit it clears up and runs perfect. this only happens when I go to first ride it for the day and it clears up in about 20 min every time (I am letting it warm up before I get on the throttle). any ideas on what this could be would be greatly appreciated. p.s.a it didn't do this before the rebuild.

It sounds like your low needle might be too rich. Like when your warming it up your just kind of putting around engine gets flooded with fuel then when it's warm your giving it more throttle which switches over to the high needle and gives it the opportunity to burn all that excess gas away.

Just a guess. Is there any other symptoms? Does it want to die on you when running bad if you let off the throttle?

It sounds like your low needle might be too rich. Like when your warming it up your just kind of putting around engine gets flooded with fuel then when it's warm your giving it more throttle which switches over to the high needle and gives it the opportunity to burn all that excess gas away.

Just a guess. Is there any other symptoms? Does it want to die on you when running bad if you let off the throttle?
so it runs fine at idle and low rpms but when you get on the gas thats when it starts to sputter and run rough, but like I said after about 20 min to a half hour it runs perfect throughout all rpms. it never did this before the rebuild but I didn't touch the carbs when I rebuilt the motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back