1990 GT. starter kranks only sometimes

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dtingley

hi guys im new here and just bought my first seadoo about a month ago. Its a 1990 gt. The problem im having is the starter. it just spins freely but every once in a wile it will crank and start. The manual says replace solenoid switch for this issue. Is their any other routs I should take before doing that, or any other explanation for this.

check connection

mine did that very same thing... i took the starter out to make sure that it was free it was so then i reinstalled starter and found that one of the fuses were blown installed new and checked all connections i found one loose so i tightened it and bam! started right up... (hint) check ground which should be located near the "passenger side" of the PWC and most importantly check the positive on the starter... ...
does it click at all? might be the switch
let me know..

Replaced my starter and started after a bit of effort. Kept turning over, but wasn't getting fuel... with a little help with quick start got it running. so that is 1/2 GT's running. Will be changing the other starter soon also. I will also be taking out the carbs for cleaning for reassurance...

That happend to me on my GT a couple years ago, it would start cold but not when the engine was warm... The starter brushes had to be replaced and it turned out a fuse was blown for the rev limiter. A new starter might be better than changing out the brushes.

Starters were cheap

For what it's worth, i found the starters cheap... Ordered them online from DB electrical..Kenntucky TN. got them delivered to my door in 26hrs from order to Ottawa Canada... Was really impressed and prices were awesome, compared to buying from Dealers up here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back