1984 Surf jet

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Z-man228

Hey guys Working on this surf jet I picked up. Fuel system was a mess after sitting for 10+ years but I have gotten it cleaned out, new lines, Cleaned the mikuni BV 22 Carb, Installed new primer kit and fuel strainer in the tank. I added fuel and pumped the primer and fuel filled the lines and ran into the carb. pulled the starter and it fired up. I immediately pulled the kill switch on it and took it to the lake to test run it. While at the lake I got it fired up and it quit. I pumped the primer, fired It up and it ran for a little bit until I tried to give it more fuel. I did this a few more times and for some reason the primer kit quit pulling fuel. I took it back to the house and took everything apart and couldn't find any clogs. Finally started tracing it piece by piece to see where the problem was. Turns out if I pull the fuel line off the carb and put my thumb over It and pump the primer I get fuel. When I hook it back to the carb I get no prime!!! I have racked my brain to try to figure out why I am not getting prime when the fuel line is hooked to the carb inlet. Carb is rebuilt and everything is clean with no obstructions. Suggestions??????

Is it one of the black outboard primer bulbs?

If so I have seen those cause fuel starvation on quite a few skis. Maybe the small pwc fuel pumps don’t have enough suction to open the check valve in them.

Back