15a Fuse Blew

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Boyd12

I have a 99 XP and when you put the key in, the bilge does not run. The pump checks out. I disconnected it from the wiring harness. I think the bilge grounds through the MPEM, so I was thinking it was on its way out. I figured I will wait and see if the MPEM has any additional problems. Any way, I was riding for the first time in a long time and rode for about thirty minutes and it suddenly died. I checked and the 15a fuse blew. I replaced and it started right up. I didnt ride it any more as I was out of time.
Could both of these issues be related? I dont think there is a way to test the MPEM.
If the stator is the problem, can the stator damage the MPEM?
The boat is parked a long way from where I live so I would like to take whatever parts I need and hopefully make one trip for repairs.

Last edited:
If the MPEM has failed, can it pop the 15a fuse by itself? *
*Can you tell I know nothing about electrical issues?

I rode about 30 minutes and it popped the 15a MPEM fuse.
I replaced it and it ran about 15 seconds and popped the MPEM fuse. It pops that fuse immediately.
I plugged in the stator tester harness and the stator is within specs.
I replaced the fuse and it cranked over just fine. I plugged in the stator harness and it popped the solenoid fuse.
I put 15a fuses in the MPEM and the solenoid and reconnect the battery (key is not connected), it pops the solenoid fuse immediately.
I replaced the solenoid. No difference.
Can a coil do this?
Can it be the MPEM?
Can the MPEM be damaged by other components in the system?
I dont want to replace the MPEM and it protect a forty-cent fuse by blowing first!
Any ideas?

Last edited:
I replaced the ignition coils and solenoid. No change.
I replaced the MPEM. No change. It popped the fuse as I tightened the positive cable on the battery.
I checked the stator again, still in spec.
Engine ground is good.
Any ideas?

Back