04 sportster le sucked in ski rope HELP

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rockmike

I just got this bombardier sportster le di 2004 a month ago .This week-end i was pulling 2 kids on a tube ,one fell in ,i stoped to pick her up, did not pay attention to the rope because the kid hurt her arm .The rope got sucked into the water intake and the seadoo engine died. I started the boat no problem and i pick up the rope ,it felt like the boat was pulling it more inside so i shut it off and cut the rope .I took it out off the water.The rope is coming out from the side of the black cover plate under the boat.
I tried to remove the screws under the boat ,they turn but does not come out.Is there some nuts on the inside under the engine ? Also i noticed some black silicon around the cover plate.What kind of silicon is this? Can i just take out the plate ,remove the rope and put new silicon to seal it? If there is any damage anybody knows how much it could cost me . Thanks a lot for your help.

long filet knife, or a stick with a razor blade in it. cut away at the rope between the grate. you probably didn't hurt anything.

yes the rope went in about maybe 2 feet and it is under the ride plate so i have no choice but to remove the plate

i got all the rope out but the blue plastic call shaft protector is broken
Is this really important or can i still use it without the plastic ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back