04 GTI

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, im new to the forum and to boat/pwc ownership in general.

An older family member passed away a few months ago and his widow sold me their non-running 2004 Sea Doo GTI LE RFI for cheap. The battery was missing, so I bought a new one (NAPA store brand). There is no power to any part of the ski.

The center port on the MPEM and the corresponding plug on the wiring harness are both missing the same pin. The rectifier seems like it's blown based on a multimeter test procedure I found online. Also, the 5A fuse was blown.

Would a bad rectifier and a missing wire in the center plug of the wiring harness likely cause the ski to have no power at all?

If it seems likely that fixing the plugs would fix it, ill go ahead and order a used wiring harness and MPEM off of ebay, throw in a brand new rectifier (recommendations appreciated) and try it again.

If I'm missing anything or more information is needed to help diagnose the issue, Im more than willing to provide it.

Any help or insight would be appreciated!

I don't see how the harness and MPEM would be missing a pin, that would be really unlikely.

PXL_20210714_204105981.MP.jpg
Just got the mpem out. Actually two broken pins on that side, and 2 more bent next to them.
PXL_20210714_204701732.jpg
Theres a wire pulled out of that hole on that connector. Its black with a purple stripe. I've heard that that wire has something to do with the DESS system, would that explain why there's no response at all from the application of the key?

Yes, it would.

Looks like a combination of corrosion and poor mechanical ability.

Going to be a tough repair if not impossible on the MPEM.

Might have to contact Westside Powersports Seadoo for clean used ones.

Might want to jump solenoid and check compression before buying new mpem and wiring harness

I'd say you need an MPEM. I think that would be one of the cheaper MPEMs unless it is a RFI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back