03 seadoo sc j pipe exhaust muffler

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

nacar

Hi everybody. Newbie again.
The seadoo is a GTX. Do I have to put any kind of seal or RTV on the pipe connection like by the metal clam? I read and look on the pictures in the manual and it does not show if I have or need to, but want to be sure. Finally we put the engine together and that is the last part to finish and try to fire it up. Also I ordered oil from Amazon, the ad said that is for all seadoo 4TEC, but I read that it needs 10w40 and this one is 5w40, could I use that or do I have to order it again, meaning 10w40 instead of 5w40?
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
No sealant on the j-pipe clamp.

The oil recommended by seadoo is the BRP XPS 4 stroke semi-synthetic 10w-40 in the black jug. The only 5w-40 BRP made that I can remember is the full synthetic in the yellow jug about 8 years ago made for the non-sc that they don't make anymore. You do not want to use full synthetic on a sc machine. Some say you can use the full synthetic motorcycle oils made for wet clutches but why not use what the manufacturer suggests?

Thanks for the reply. Was the price and said that was from seadoo, 30 dollar less on amazon. Dealer want around 90 for it. I emailed the seller and did not receive any answer back but it said for 4TEC seadoo.

Hi, ski-d00
I canceled the order for the oil and ordered the 10w40, like you said and the manual. I will need your help or anybody that can help me out. We tried to bump the ski and did nothing, could be because is no oil on the engine? We put some oil on the cylinders when we were putting together. Also is a wire on top of the engine that we can not find where is connected, could I post a picture or send it to you to see if you can identify that?Could I this wire prevent the engine just to bump? we Just want to see if the engine turn.
Thanks in advance

There is no oil level sensor so that will not keep it from turning over. There are oil pressure sensors but they will not keep the engine from turning over either.

Yes, a wire could keep it from turning over depending on what the wire is. Post a pic and I'll tell you where the wire goes.

That's the engine temp sensor at the back of the head directly behind your fingers in the pic. You may have plugged in the exhaust temp sensor into this but the wire is much longer and routes down around the sc and to the water box.

Nice, you are the best. Is getting dark and very could here, so I will try later or tomorrow and let you know.
Thanks, Thanks very much for your help and for answering so fast.

We plugged in the wire but the other one is a little longer but not too much and we already plugged the water box. So where could be this wire plugs?
Also could you explain us where we need to ground the harness, we are not sure if we did the grounding in the right place.
Thanks again

wiring harness1.jpgThe only other plug on that leg of the harness is the camshaft position sensor which is at the back of the head but is a 3 wire connector. Did you change the wiring harness from a different year instead of 03? The exhaust temp sensor plug is at the end of this harness leg but the wire is about 2 feet longer.

All engine grounds are at the front of the engine just below the information tag. There will be 3 small ring connectors that travel between the oil fill tube and the engine block and the main engine ground that all bolt to these 3 holes with 10mm bolts.

Last edited by a moderator:
We checked it again and we think that we need to reroute the wire like you said. The harness is for that year. We need to disconnect the horse and look for the connector. So tomorrow I will let you know, but we think that is the solution. I will keep you posted.
Thanks

Hi, ski-d00
I still looking where to connect the wire. It is the the short one with to wire in the 3 package at the button of your picture with orange connector. Also could be possible to send me a picture where to connect the grounds? we still confuse. We connected them but want to be sure that they are in the right place.

Hey, I found the connector. Was for the engine knock sensor, do not know if that is the name of that connector but looks like the car knock sensor on the engine block. Now we still looking exactly where to connect the grounds.

The harness leg at the bottom of my picture should be routed down the outside edge of the intake manifold and there is a clip that holds three connectors(stator, pickup coil, knock sensor), at the top back.

There is only one ground connection point. It is at the front of the motor just below the motor tag plate. There are 3 - 10mm bolts that attach the ground ring terminals and the main ground directly from the battery.

Hi, Ski-d00
Just want to let you know the ski is working and to this point is not leaking oil when we started with a water hose connected. We ran it for 5 mins and it looks like everything is working now. How long could we run it out of water? I found in the manual that not more than those 5 mins, is it ok for the testing?
Thanks for all your help with this project

Thanks, we are going to wait if we have a warm day to take it to the lake to test it.
Thanks again for you fast reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back