03 rxdi overheating

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roadster72

Hey guys new to skis. Bought a couple of 03 rxdi s. So far only have gotten to working on one. The ski starts right up and on the hose doesn’t seem to over heat but five minutes in the water it over heats. Pulled all the hoses and ran water and air through but can’t seem to find a clog. I get water out of the pisser when on the hose but not in the water. I’ve looked for many forums and YouTubes. Thanks for your help in advance.

How fast does the ski go? Because if you’re not getting near the top speed you might have a bad wear ring which could be causing cooling issues

I haven’t gotten it very fast because as soon as I try to it beeps and I don’t want to blow it so I limp it back. But it doesn’t seem to be starving for power.

When you gave it throttle did the ski thrust forward with lots of force or did it seem like The engine was revving faster than you were going-kind of like a clutch slipping in a vehicle?

When you gave it throttle did the ski thrust forward with lots of force or did it seem like The engine was revving faster than you were going-kind of like a clutch slipping in a vehicle?
Good news. Figured out the problem. Apparently the small pipe from the jet pump was missing fortunately I had bought two skis and was able to to swap it out. Unfortunately now I need a new jet pump for the other ski. However when I took it out while it no longer over heated a small hose popped off and flooded the engine compartment and had to be towed in. Thanks for your advice guys.

Good news. Figured out the problem. Apparently the small pipe from the jet pump was missing fortunately I had bought two skis and was able to to swap it out. Unfortunately now I need a new jet pump for the other ski. However when I took it out while it no longer over heated a small hose popped off and flooded the engine compartment and had to be towed in. Thanks for your advice guys.

Can you send us a picture of the small pipe that was missing?

The pipe is about four inches

Attachments

• B700F57D-E509-4E7D-B087-F0843F08AAAA.jpeg
    B700F57D-E509-4E7D-B087-F0843F08AAAA.jpeg
    325.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 4E703655-9C62-4594-AB28-3C28755AF352.jpeg
    4E703655-9C62-4594-AB28-3C28755AF352.jpeg
    316.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 127FC938-43F8-4642-99A6-9CE69855FF8E.jpeg
    127FC938-43F8-4642-99A6-9CE69855FF8E.jpeg
    256.2 KB · Views: 13
Update. I didn’t use any adhesive because it fit so snugly. Shall I say I should have used some kind of adhesive ‍♂️It was a fun two
Days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back