03 GTX SC - HoleShoot

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

pokerman11

03 GTX SC - HoleShoot

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I’ve got a 03 XP DFI and an 03 GTX SC 4-TEC. Prior to these boats I had ’96 GTX and ’96 GSX, (and then older Kaw Jetskis before that)

The ’03 GTX I bought used last fall, so this was my first year with it.

I have a question about the ‘03GTX. The issue is from a standstill when I give throttle it does not really go that fast. The motor winds up and the jet goes, but it kind of feels like the pump is cavitating. After initial take off, no issues -it tops ends out at ~65, pulls skiers, skitubes, and everything runs great fine.

In the past all my other PWC holeshoot much better. The XP I can get to jump out of the water, and my ‘96’s were similar. For all the extra in the GTX horsepower it feels more like I am driving a boat not a PWC, not very sporty at all. (But still fun as I got 40hours on it this season.)

I’m wondering if I have a problem our am just experiencing normal riding with this heaver and larger PWC. This is my first 4stroke PWC and you can see what I am comparing it too.

What do you guys think?

Thanks for the reply, I guess I'm looking to hear from others that have moved from 2-stroke to the 4-stroke. As an aside these modern 4-stroke turn higher RPM's than the 2-stroke and get there faster. I click 7500RPM in about 3/4 of a sec.

sounds like something is wrong with your jetpump...Give it a good visual inspection and see what you find. This would certainly be where I'd look first, as your power seems to be all there.

actualy found out it's mostly a wear ring issue. They still used a plastic pump housing in 03 (moved to metal in 04). Going to replce the wear ring, but also found an entire metal pump housing so going to upgrade.

Also throw in a solos prop while I'm at it

uh oh....catching the upgrade bug?

Have fun and let us know how it goes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back