01 GTX RFI , two beeps then nothing

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

CRei

Put key on get two beeps, gauges light for 2 seconds then nothing, unplug put back on same thing, do this a few times it will fire and run, strange thing if move throttle to full seems to lesson the problem weird, have tried new relay, DESS post, regulator and removed ground on block cleaned and reinstalled ‍♂️ help lol thanks

I wonder if you have a start switch problem or one of the plugs isn't making good contact. I have had to disassemble and clean electrical plugs to insure good contact. I'd start by checking and testing the wires where they come out of the steering column.

Ok thanks, have tried two good batteries going to try a new one, maybe holding full throttle shuts fuel pump off gives it that extra power ???

I only crack the throttle slightly when starting. On some systems, full throttle cuts fuel when starting. Buy a spark checker from Auto Zone for $5 and make sure you are getting fire. Did you test the fuel pressure?

Get a new key made if it's aftermarket they are know to fail too and do exactly what you are describing

The ski will fire up if you can get it to stay awake long enough, have 3 keys for it all original, been messing with the MPEM on harness 2, think maybe the pin came loose, move harness around and hear MPEM click and fuel pump kick on

No load test tried another battery then a new one still same, open hood and on plug 2 on the MPEM move harness around seems to really help, anyway of tightening the pins up ? New harness you’ll never get. Thanks

You could get replacement pins for the harness and repin the ones with corrosion or loose fit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back