Tough Decision

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

etemplet

Premium Member
Premium Member
It is always difficult to get rid of ski I put so much work into. As many as I do it is always like kicking a young bird out of the nest knowing that no one is going to care for it like I would. Such is life. :D I don't ride much at all and I like having matching skis and I think my wife likes it too. It's nice having skis that go the same speed. That said, this 2000 RX is simply bad azz. It will blow the 97 GTX away. So give me some in put.... which one do I sell ? I'm not keeping the both as I don't ride enough to justify that. I'm waiting on stickers for the RX but I kinda like the no sticker look. People tell me otherwise. :)

One big positive about the RX is that I can wet the hell out of people and they can't catch me to wet me back. :D This is a deterrent in case she decides to douse me with water. :D

RX Compete Driveway (3).JPEG

RX Compete Driveway (2).JPEG

Double Skis Trailer (6).JPG

I like the clean “No decal” look myself
In my mind faster is always better but that’s just me?

I ride 2 to 4 times a week and provide skis for my daughter and her boyfriend, for my wife, and I think my youngest son may. E giving it a try this year so I like to have a few spares around in case 1 of them gives me trouble. Currently have 6 running machines and I’m the same way, sold my first and second skis last year, a perfectly good running 96 Wet Jet Kraze with Yamaha 701 and a 94XP as a project and hated seeing them go. Only you will be able to determine which one you want to keep,? For me, I noticed I was t taking the Wet Jet any more, I was always riding the 95XP so I knew it was time for it to go, still regret it lol. I think I may just want to be a collector. I hate selling anyways, hate all the messages, I will come today cash in hand 800.00? When I’m asking 2300.00😡

Besides, I’m 48 and hoping to live another 20 years. Be pretty cool to have 8 or 10 of these in great condition when they are 50 years old. I say keep all 3

I ride 2 to 4 times a week and provide skis for my daughter and her boyfriend, for my wife, and I think my youngest son may. E giving it a try this year so I like to have a few spares around in case 1 of them gives me trouble. Currently have 6 running machines and I’m the same way, sold my first and second skis last year, a perfectly good running 96 Wet Jet Kraze with Yamaha 701 and a 94XP as a project and hated seeing them go. Only you will be able to determine which one you want to keep,? For me, I noticed I was t taking the Wet Jet any more, I was always riding the 95XP so I knew it was time for it to go, still regret it lol. I think I may just want to be a collector. I hate selling anyways, hate all the messages, I will come today cash in hand 800.00? When I’m asking 2300.00😡

Yep collecting is good. Nobody deserves skis that good unless they are gonna care for them. :D I've been tempted by buy a place on the water but I'm not too far away from the water where I live. Got the Gulf of Mexico ( I don't ride there) , Lake Pontchartrain, Numerous rivers (which is where I like to ride), Bay St. Louis, MS and Jordan River all within a 1/2 hour or so. :)

Besides, I’m 48 and hoping to live another 20 years. Be pretty cool to have 8 or 10 of these in great condition when they are 50 years old. I say keep all 3
I'm 66 years old so the desire for having fun doesn't change at all. :D Behind those 3 or 11 or so other skis in the yard so.... I have some cool skis. Got a (2) 96 XPs and performance parts and engine to assemble one to GO REALLY FAST. :) I have a 1999 XPL 951, 2003 XP DI, Then I have the 1997 SPX which Mikidymac told me to build. :D That's not the GTXs DI and RFI, 1997 GTIs. LOL I ride skis I restore more than I ride mine for sure. Then I like motorcycles and of course airplanes. :) I still think I'd rather work on the skis then ride them. As you know that boat has been mean to me but it's about done now. LOL

I'm 66 years old so the desire for having fun doesn't change at all. :D Behind those 3 or 11 or so other skis in the yard so.... I have some cool skis. Got a (2) 96 XPs and performance parts and engine to assemble one to GO REALLY FAST. :) I have a 1999 XPL 951, 2003 XP DI, Then I have the 1997 SPX which Mikidymac told me to build. :D That's not the GTXs DI and RFI, 1997 GTIs. LOL I ride skis I restore more than I ride mine for sure. Then I like motorcycles and of course airplanes. :) I still think I'd rather work on the skis then ride them. As you know that boat has been mean to me but it's about done now. LOL
My runners include 99 GSXRfi, 02 GTI, 97 GSX, 95XP, 95HX, and a 96 Montego. I’ve got this 98 Challenger that I’m really looking forward to getting back on the water for me and my dog. I’ve got a 96 GSX, and a 92 XP to look at some day, but I’m in no rush for them. I would say I like riding more than working on them although I do like working on them and would probably enjoy it even more if I had more time. But yes, I love riding, you can be in a bad mood, go riding and everything is good again. My favourite is the 95XP and I’m not a fan of that HX, to dam tippy for my liking. Only one on my wish list is an X4 with the 787. I think I want to get to a point where I have 6 or less and just make them as close to mint as I can. Lol, so there you have it, that’s my Seadoo story.

My runners include 99 GSXRfi, 02 GTI, 97 GSX, 95XP, 95HX, and a 96 Montego. I’ve got this 98 Challenger that I’m really looking forward to getting back on the water for me and my dog. I’ve got a 96 GSX, and a 92 XP to look at some day, but I’m in no rush for them. I would say I like riding more than working on them although I do like working on them and would probably enjoy it even more if I had more time. But yes, I love riding, you can be in a bad mood, go riding and everything is good again. My favourite is the 95XP and I’m not a fan of that HX, to dam tippy for my liking. Only one on my wish list is an X4 with the 787. I think I want to get to a point where I have 6 or less and just make them as close to mint as I can. Lol, so there you have it, that’s my Seadoo story.
spx ftw

Back