97 gs blows the 5 am fuse

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Stevie96xp

Ok well I picked up a 1997 Seadoo gs to flip well I got it running. Put it on the hose had it running for about a minute and I was keeping the carbon seal wet and I revved it up to clear it out a bit. It was a bit loaded up and it just shut off like it lost spark. So I shut of the hose poked around a bit and I see my battery ground was loose. My bad. Well tighten up the ground and it fired right up go turn on the hose it’s still running and then I just blip the throttle and it dies. So I get poking around and it blew the fuse in the back ebox so I replaced that and still nothing and so I check the fuse on the mepm and it is blow not good I already know. So I put a new one it it blow that as well crap that’s not good. So I poke around with the meter and one side of the fuse is getting 12v and the other side is going to ground so that’s not good so I pull the plug on the mag housing and the black wire that goes to ground through the stator and goes into the harness is grounding to the one side of the fuse so that makes me think the mpem is bad. Right thank for the help

So even with the plug disconnected the side that goes to the harness is getting continuity to one side of the fuse so bad MPEM right

Ok well I ordered a new MPEM and a stator because my MPEM is bad and I believe that the stator fried and took the MPEM with it unfortunately but I’ll let you know if it fixes my problem witch I think it will because that’s the only dang electrical component on the dang thing

Well got my new MPEM in and stator turns out my old stator was not bad hey I had already bought another one so be it. Well new stator in and new MPEM in she fires right up had it out on the water 2 times now no issues so 👍🏻 glad that fixed my problem

Back