Damaged jug on 787 engine

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
I just picked up a 1997 gtx and noticed quite a bit of slag water corrosion. Started to take apart the engine and 5 of the cylinder head bolts snapped. Anyways I was inspecting it to see if the engine was even usable and I noticed this (check pictures). Do yall think it’s still useable? Thank you!

And people tell me they have NEVER had bolts break off. I've thrown complete engines in the trash. :) First thing I check before buying a ski is if I can loosen a few head bolts. I have a lot of spare parts. If you need some cylinders message me. I'll never charge prices you see in the market place. We gotta stick together and help one another. Good Luck !!

Shoot I wish I saw this yesterday, I picked up a ski for $300 with a good exhaust pipe, am sponsons, and an R&D intake grate. I’m gonna take those sponsons and replace the stock ones on my Groupk sleeper x4. However, the engine seemed okay, but taking it apart I found that they were bored out to 1mm over already… not to mention 3 of the head bolts snapped. Anyways, how much would you charge for 2 cylinders? Also do you have a crankcase by any chance too? Thank you!

I know people that go over 1mm.
Not sure what I want to do but I got a Miller mild race engine with 16 hours on it. I bought it from a race and this was his fun ski. I got a full set of aftermarket parts for a bad azz X4. Factory Pipe, nozzle, Buckshot carbs, Buckshot intake, all the shiznit.

I do have a full 1996 GTX engine disassembled in a box with all the parts. I also have a completely rebuilt SES 787 in the box just sitting. I got a ton of crap. LOL

Attachments

• Buckshot Carbs and Intake Manifold - XP.jpg
    Buckshot Carbs and Intake Manifold - XP.jpg
    448.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Buckshot Carbs Removed.jpg
    Buckshot Carbs Removed.jpg
    343.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Factory Water Control Valves= XP.jpg
    Factory Water Control Valves= XP.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 5
  • XP Nozzle - Performance.jpg
    XP Nozzle - Performance.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 5
I can go through my parts and see what I have in the way of cylinders. I'll sell you 2 cylinders for $80 and you pay shipping. I'll make sure the bore is no larger than .50mm so they'll clean up. My friend VJ bores cylinders but I don't think he is messing with that stuff right now. He is an old School motorcycle guy. Knows his stuff too.

If you want those cases and all that I'll sell you the whole thing for $150 you pay shipping.

Crap I thought this was private messaging. LOL Don't like puttin my shiznit out on the street. Ha ha. Good luck man !!

I know people that go over 1mm.
Not sure what I want to do but I got a Miller mild race engine with 16 hours on it. I bought it from a race and this was his fun ski. I got a full set of aftermarket parts for a bad azz X4. Factory Pipe, nozzle, Buckshot carbs, Buckshot intake, all the shiznit.

I do have a full 1996 GTX engine disassembled in a box with all the parts. I also have a completely rebuilt SES 787 in the box just sitting. I got a ton of crap. LOL
If that’s and R&D 85/88 nozzle I would love to buy it from you.

Era body wants that nozzle. :D I want to sell all the performance parts as a set. I'm never going to use them. I get nose bleed if I go over 60mph with no brakes. :D :D

Back