2001 GTS Help! Dies in water!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

KellyD

I’m brand new to all this so please be patient!
I recently bought what was supposed to be a running 2001 GTS in good shape. Long sorry short….it’s at the repair guy now and carbs been rebuilt, and new fuel lines. He says compression is good on cylinders. Changed all fuel and oil. Runs great out of water connected to hose. Put it in the water it’s awful. If you play w choke and throttle eventually it will take off for a minute but then back to running poorly. Repair guy says he’s worked on these for 16 years and never been stumped like this. Help!!!

Running on the hose tells you nothing other than it runs.

Typically what you are experiencing is a fuel system issue especially if messing with the choke gets it over the hump. You are running lean if the choke helps.

I would also check battery voltage at idle and at 4,500 rpm to rule out voltage issue. 12-12.5V at rest and 13.5V at 4,500 rpm.

Running on the hose tells you nothing other than it runs.

Typically what you are experiencing is a fuel system issue especially if messing with the choke gets it over the hump. You are running lean if the choke helps.

I would also check battery voltage at idle and at 4,500 rpm to rule out voltage issue. 12-12.5V at rest and 13.5V at 4,500 rpm.
Thank you. I forgot he also put in a new battery. I am trying to collect ideas to share w the repair guy, since he says he’s worked on it for many hours, and every time he takes it to the water it does same thing. Says he’s never seen anything like this before.‍♂️‍♂ I’ll share the voltage check you suggested w him. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back