Would this cause... This..

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
I went for a ride the other night and noticed I had no power - was hard to get out of the hole and plain.. so I dove in and there was weeds, thinking that was that I got back on and it was still doing the same thing - so now I took it out of water thinking there was more stuck deeper, but there wasn't - after inspecting the pump area thinking my wear ring was messed up I noticed that something ( water rat ) must have been chewing on my hose as seen in the image - would this hose being eaten affect the power out put????

2018 Seadoo Spark 2UP 900 ACE

Attachments

• received_1454851957949164.jpeg
    received_1454851957949164.jpeg
    807.6 KB · Views: 97
AFAIK that hose is the pump pressure hose that supplies cooling water to the exhaust system. Without proper cooling the exhaust system on the Spark can be damaged. The engine is closed loop cooled but the exhaust manifolds and waterbox (muffler) are open looped cooled. Cooling water enters via pressurization from the Jet pump.

Thanks, questions stands though would that cause the ski to not have power? full throttle and it just don't get out of the hole very easy? I can eventually get it up to speed..

would a patch work over this hole? like a rubber piece clamped on both ends? cause I believe this goes right though the hull and that would require the removal of the body to access the engine correct?

You could snip back the damaged area of the hose where it enters the hull and insert a hose barb. The damaged hose section from the Jet pump can easily be replaced. The hardest part would be inserting the hose barb as it should be the same size i.d. as the water supply hoses.

Did your Spark display or sound any overheat alarm? It's possible your Spark is in limp mode if ran for more than a couple of minutes without proper cooling. If I where you I'd remove the top deck and inspect the exhaust system for damage. With the top deck off you can replace the damaged hose with the correct part (296000303)

The best repair is the one that's done correctly the first time!

Last edited:
did you inspect your wear ring? If its hitting the right rpm and just slow to get to speed you may have too much tolerance, or a damaged impeller.

The hose in the photo is your mechanical bilge siphon hose. When looking at the photo, to the left of the damaged hose is your fresh water cooling supply to the exhaust system (with the black plastic hex bolt looking piece).

To answer your question, no, that hose being cut does not have any effect on your power. That hose is simply to drain any water that's gotten into your hull (as your drive, water exits).

If you have no power and you know that there was crap in the propulsion system, you likely have one of the following:
1) Something still caught in your impeller/wear ring and won't find it until you remove the pump assembly and ring.
2) Wear ring is cracked and you don't notice it (more than likely the case). I have seen numerous busted wear rings that are not visible to the eye until removed.

Keep us posted!

Yes that looks like a Musk Rat chewing on the tube (funny story....I had a mishap with my 2017 Spark, BIG hole in the hull, my bad, went nose up in the water, I got it to my dock eventually)...So, I suspended it in the boathouse just above the water line BUT out of the water. Came back two weeks later to get the ski home....as I'm lifting the ski higher (using a chain fall) to set it on a double tube to float it to the ramp....a 'effin rat dives out of the ski into the water. I get the ski home and take off the top deck....that little bugger was setting up shop inside the ski......chewed a pathway through the ski through the flotation pad (port side), munched through the rear siphon tube (clear through), nibbled on the main GAS pipe (but not through it, just surface nibbles) and was building a nest under the rear deck inside.

I fixed all that and the ski RUNS today...but I have a small leak somewhere in the hull (I replaced the entire hull) so she is on dry land again until I can take off the top deck, fill her with water and she if I can find the leak.....I thought I goobered up all the bolt holes with enough sealant/RTV upon re-assembly, etc....but I obviously missed something somewhere. I'll get it figured out.

For anyone interested....as a follow up to my previous post....I found my leak(s). It is kinda related to this post sorta.....the OP showed a vinyl siphon tube chewed through. In the photo, there is also another vinyl tube lower right as well...that's the low bilge/drain tube for the ski. If that hose gets chewed through, the ski will sink slowly (there is a ball check in the drain fitting inside the hull but it won't keep water out forever and any wave action will rock the ski back and forth so the ball will move eventually). The siphon tube will also let water into the hull and the ski will take on water (only much slower as the siphon hole is higher and the siphon tubes are higher on the inside of the hull).

In my case...replacing the hull in its entirety revealed (eventually) that the original vinyl tubes which I re-used...DID NOT CREATE a tight pressure fits into the new hull holes (I did not notice this at re-assembly time - but the tubes did fit through the holes with "some" resistance)...water was eventually able to seep past both tubes and fill the back of the ski (but I caught it before it sank fully...pulling the ski out and leaving the drain plug in allowed me to see water dripping OUT from around the lower vinyl drain tube passing through the hull. This is a poor design as the ski relies on a vinyl tube to be a tight pressure fit through the hull and to seal water out.....if the tube itself is compromised (chewed/ripped) or the hull hole is the same OD as the tube OD...you could have troubles.

I ended up taking the top deck off and sealing the gaps around the tubes from the inside...ski is now running fine and floating as it should.

Back