Who has a candoopro here?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just ordered the BRP/Yamaha combined unit from PWC Muscle. They were very helpful on the phone. Purchased the BRP/Yamaha version as this is the last ditch effort to find the root of my problems. If this doesn't solve my issue, I'll be looking to purchase a more recent model of the Yamaha AR192. There's only one shop in Las Vegas that works on the Seadoo boats which has been extremely challenging.

Just ordered the BRP/Yamaha combined unit from PWC Muscle. They were very helpful on the phone. Purchased the BRP/Yamaha version as this is the last ditch effort to find the root of my problems. If this doesn't solve my issue, I'll be looking to purchase a more recent model of the Yamaha AR192. There's only one shop in Las Vegas that works on the Seadoo boats which has been extremely challenging.

It will be a couple months until it warms up here but I'm going to pick up a candoo. I didn't realize they could be used on Yamaha as well. Nice to know you can 'upgrade' this. We are going to do one more summer on our current boat and hope to get another larger BRP powered boat worst case change it up to a Yamaha.

What I purchased is the Candoo model 1302. It comes with everything for Seadoo and Yamaha. I imagine if you purchase a Seadoo only unit for $399, you should be able to purchase whatever else you need to "upgrade" it in the future as I believe the core box is the same. I'm not sure that I'll go with another Seadoo boat if I sell mine. Parts and support are becoming harder and harder to find. Since I only have one repair shop here that works on them, that's been an issue as well.

Well I just ordered one at PWCmuscle ebay store so we will see how it works out. The boat won't be out of storage for another month but I am sure it will be well worth the price!

Thanks for your order! We will get your tracking number out here soon!

Perfect... One more question, does a twin engine boat use 2 licenses? I know there is only one connection.

Perfect... One more question, does a twin engine boat use 2 licenses? I know there is only one connection.
No. Assuming they are original, both ECM's have the same VIN# so the candoo only uses one license. You do have to hook up to them individually though. I know I read some people say it would use two, but I actually own a Candoo Pro and only used one license to do both engines on my Speedster 200.

What does a Candoo do? Why would I need it? Sorry to hijack...
Basic features include:
  1. Program Keys / Lanyards (Learning, Rental, Normal)
  2. Change Owner Information and Purchase Date
  3. Reset TPS to zero position
  4. Read Fault Codes along with fault data, and reset faults
  5. Reset Maintenance Light
  6. Reset Supercharger Light
  7. Reset Service Hours
  8. Reset Service Rental Hours
  9. Set Ignition Correction and Curves (2-stroke only)
  10. Real Time Engine Monitor
  11. Marry Clusters to ECU's
  12. Last 30 or 60 Sec history
  13. Activate fuel pump, Spark Plugs, Buzzer, etc.
  14. Key Tester

How do you apply the discount ? I used the code but price didn't change. Also, can I get military discount? Thanks

Hi there. If you call I can give you an additional military discount. Ask for me. I will be in tomorrow at 9am EST.

888 605 2335 ext 2

As for the coupon, are you clicking the apply button?

Thanks!
Greg

Ok, have my boat out of storage... What plug do I use in a twin engine boat. Looks too me there are three, one on each side on the fuse block and another on the starboard engine. Thanks

There’s one on each engine. You have to do each separately. Should only use up one VIN from your 5 since both ecm have the same VIN. Or at least that’s how mine worked.

Well I tried both plugs on each side on the fuse box and it didn't seem to matter what one I used. That said I had a check engine light just out of storage and on the lake, no codes displayed on the tach but the RPMS were off by 500 or better and never corrected as they normally would no matter what I did. Hooked up the candoo and for some reason there was an error with communication between the engines I cleared the codes and ran it for an hour with no issues. I would say it already paid for itself!

Since there is already some good info here, hopefully my question can add some more: I am about to add a Candoo Pro to my tool arsenal and I know the home license is limited to 15 VINs- how does the upgrade to unlimited work and what does it cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back