who goes fishing in thier seadoo boat?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

TWENTY B

i love fishing as much as the next guy but how many of you actually fish from your seadoo sportsboat.

what fishing aids do you have, fishfinder / chartplotters, rod holders, maybe even a live bait tank?
how did you set up your gear.

im looking to maybe take mine offshore to the 12mile reef or similar (Sydney Australia) on the odd occasion but mostly close to the coastline for snapper and flathead, etc.

got mates with bigger boats that we go wide chasing tuna etc on so as much as i'd love to have a seaswirl 29 walkaround, it's just not practicle, and costs to much. pluss, the mrs would like a "sexy boat" more.

I fish on my boat, I bought it for everything that it provides me, plus I got a cool sun deck and swimming platform that I can hangout it.. My boat is cool for twirling around and having fun, but it's also cool to fish in!

do you have any fishing specific additions?
i'm planning on a 210 or 230 se. and making some custom additions.

like a removeable live bait tank in one of the underseat boxes.
lowrance hds gen 2 units on the dash.

any idea what they weigh, on the trailer? in kilos
seadoo say 1588kg with tower dry,
plus trailer. and fuel and crap.

Last edited by a moderator:
I go fishing with my kids quite a bit on my speedster 150. its not a big boat but its good enough to fish comfortably. No additions. Store rods in the hull storage and accessories in the engine area storage in the back. Kids love to fish sitting in the back (feet on the platform) while I prefer from the bow. In anchor in quite area on the lake and could spend hours...

Sent from my BlackBerry PlayBook using Tapatalk

Our Challenger X20 is a bit big for the river fishing we do, but it is a blast to open up and wind around corners! We sold our waverunners and fishing boats to get this SeaDoo, so we make do with what we have.

I have installed a Lowrance depthfinder with the transducer in the ski locker. I fabricated a rod rack that attaches to the Ski Pylon so that it can be removed easily when we hit the lakes for fun.

The Red River of the North is a world-class catfish fishery from Fargo, ND to Winnepeg, Manitoba. It's a blast to be on the river fishing after work catching 15-20lb cats in our own backyard!

I posted a highlight reel in the PWC fishing forum. Here is the link to the video. Enjoy!

Mark

http://www.seadooforum.com/showthre...r-Catfishing-July-2012-Highlight-Reel-(Video)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back