white marks on the PVC parts of my GTR215

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

patjetski

Am using my 2014 GTR in the Arabian Gulf.
It has around 6 hours on the clock, 3 trips.
I had waxed it prior to taking it out and I have washed it with sweet water after every trip.

However now i notice these with marks mainly on the dashboard/mirror covers and on the orange parts of the jetski.
Polishing has made it less obvious, but they don't disappear completely.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

PaT

when you say "sweet water" are you referring to salt water? If so washing your ski with salt water may not be the best idea... I believe if you are washing you ski with salt water, and not properly drying your ski after washing it, those marks are dried up salt residue.. these machines and salt water do not mix well....

what he is calling sweet water is regular fresh water in our terms. In the middle east they call it sweet water for some reason. I work I the middle east and still haven't figured that one out yet

what he is calling sweet water is regular fresh water in our terms. In the middle east they call it sweet water for some reason. I work I the middle east and still haven't figured that one out yet

Ahhh well good catch! I tried googling sweet water and came up with not much so I assumed it was a typo or something else along the lines..

it is probable what you said though a residue from the water. it isn't a clean as ours and most of the time it is ran through a reverse osmosis filter unit or they make there own water if he lives in a compound of some sort.

Actually the fresh water supplied to us by the municipality is very clean and of drinking quality. It also has less minerals disolved, when i compare to Europe. I can make this out from my water heater as there is no residue after years of usage.

I already talked to MTM the Seadoo dealer, and they will take a look at it when the unit goes in for maintenance.
I will keep you posted on the result.

Thanks Guys and enjoy ur skis

In the end... got some Maguire Marine products to remove heavy corrosion and polished it out.... was only surprised how aggressive the sea water is here in the Gulf.

thanks to all who replied...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back