Which hose to crimp when having to tow my 2006 Seadoo Sportster

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

raincoinc

I can get to the main water intake from pump or the top exit on the exhaust manifold ?? Is one better than the other. Looking back from inside boat, the main line is 3/4 inch on the passenger side, the the line from the top exhaust is 1/2 and goes to muffler with NO tees involved...........motor is 215 HP scic.

It's preference really.

Blocking the water straight off the pump before reaching the manifolds is ideal as there are no risks of water entering the cylinders via any pinhole leaks in the exhaust manifold. The only downside is that due to the location the valve is usually out of view and harder to reach with the risk of forgetting it closed and burning up your exhaust on your next day out after use.

The top exit will prevent water from back-filling the exhaust as well, but won't prevent water intake if there's any kind of leak in your exhaust manifolds. The upside is that the valves are easy to access and in clear view when doing any pre-flight inspections.

Hope this helps.

It's preference really.

Blocking the water straight off the pump before reaching the manifolds is ideal as there are no risks of water entering the cylinders via any pinhole leaks in the exhaust manifold. The only downside is that due to the location the valve is usually out of view and harder to reach with the risk of forgetting it closed and burning up your exhaust on your next day out after use.

The top exit will prevent water from back-filling the exhaust as well, but won't prevent water intake if there's any kind of leak in your exhaust manifolds. The upside is that the valves are easy to access and in clear view when doing any pre-flight inspections.

Hope this helps.
If I'm not mistaken. the hose from the pump , runs around the motor and comes into the block in the back ( closest to the back seats ), I have good access as it runs along the drivers side of motor and can zip tie it for easy acccess. Please correct me If you think I'm wrong. Thanks for your input....................

I'm not positive where yours runs. On our boat the 3/4" line from the pump runs under the motor and them comes up below the exhaust manifold which is way too low and obstructed on our boat.

If you can access them easily, then go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back