Weird Cavitation

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacotex

Hello i got a 06 RXT with stage 1 , 60 hrs

i got some cavitation problems

i have changed following:
Wear ring
impeller
carbon ring
support ring (plus o-rings)
below

and its still doing some cavitation :S?

what else can it be ?

Why did you change all that? Was there something wrong with the impeller?...wear ring?

When did it start to cavitate?

What did you change the impeller to (ie. it should be a 13/18 or 14/19 at most)? How close is the clearance between the new impeller and wear ring? It should be damn close!

Is the bellows properly adjusted so it holds good tension on the carbon ring against the stainless steel disk on the driveshaft? You shouldn't be able to push the carbon ring back by hand easily, it should be very very difficult to open up that seal it makes.

Is your intake grate ok? Are you certain there's no foreign debris inside the pump right now messing up the waterflow? It might be worth a few minutes to pull the pump out and inspect it again just to be sure everything in there is A-Ok.

What do you mean by "below"? Below what?

Under what conditions does it have cavitation going on? Hard accelleration from idle or WOT at speed or somewhere in the middle?

- Michael

Why did you change all that? Was there something wrong with the impeller?...wear ring?

When did it start to cavitate?

It was doing some pretty bad cavitation, when i bought it. so i started changing the wear ring, and it didn't help. then i changed the carbon ring/bellows/steel ring, it helped alot, then i changed the impeller and the intake grate, which also helped. but its still cavitating :S

What did you change the impeller to (ie. it should be a 13/18 or 14/19 at most)? How close is the clearance between the new impeller and wear ring? It should be damn close!

Is the bellows properly adjusted so it holds good tension on the carbon ring against the stainless steel disk on the driveshaft? You shouldn't be able to push the carbon ring back by hand easily, it should be very very difficult to open up that seal it makes.

Is your intake grate ok? Are you certain there's no foreign debris inside the pump right now messing up the waterflow? It might be worth a few minutes to pull the pump out and inspect it again just to be sure everything in there is A-Ok.

What do you mean by "below"? Below what?

Under what conditions does it have cavitation going on? Hard accelleration from idle or WOT at speed or somewhere in the middle?

- Michael

the impeller is changed to a Solas 14/17R

and its the bellows i changed, and its pretty tight, not leaking water in AT all.

Intake grate is also new from riva

the clearance is 0.8mm on one side, and 0.35mm one the other side. between impeller blades and wear ring.

the cavitation is from hard acceleration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back