We don't even a boat... YET :)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Racklefrack

My wife and I are recent transplants to AZ, and with all the great lakes and waterways within just a few hour's drive we think it's time we add a boat to our collection. I grew up boating as a kid on Clearlake in CA and we boated a lot with friends, but neither of us have owned one as adults.

It'll just be her and I 99% of the time so we don't need anything big, anything super fast (we're old!) or anything super pricey. We won't be towing tubes or skiers or boarders, we just want a fun little boat to tool around on all these gorgeous lakes and rivers. I'll do a little fishing, my wife will bask in the sun, picnics on some remote beach, etc. Boring for most of you, I'm sure, but we don't need to set our hair on fire to have fun... not anymore, anyway :)

Unfortunately, our selection criteria for a boat is severely limited because our car is only rated to tow 3,500# (yes, it has the full factory tow package on it). My best guess is that a trailer weighs... what? 900# give or take? That means if I want to keep the boat and trailer down to around 3,000# total (and I do) I'm pretty much limited to a Utopia 185 or a Speedster... both of which would be just fine for us. Between the two, I think we'd lean more toward the Utopia though... a Challenger would be great, but it's pushing the poundage too close to our limit. Are there any 2,100-ish-pound Seadoos out there I've missed?

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce us and thank you in advance for all the help I'm about to beg for :)

Be safe!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back