Water regulator?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
My engine rebuild is done. For any guys/gals in southern ontario looking for a good guy to deal with, give Jack at Ryno power sports a call. He's in Burlington. Ignore the price list on his site and just talk to him. I dropped the engine off on the seventh, during a very busy time for him (says he's swamped rebuilding superchargers), and just got a call saying it's done, to come by and pick it up tomorrow, and he'll walk me through some installation tips and the proper break in. He's timed it for me, installed the exhaust manifold, giving me all new oil lines, the flywheel and magneto and all of that is already put on, the pto is on, he even installed a new set of properly gaped plugs. He is a genuinely nice guy. I won't say anything about the quality of the build until I've put a few hours on it, but just being able to talk to a guy who wants to walk you through the entire build and include you on every decision, without making you feel like an idiot, was quite refreshing.

My engine rebuild is done. For any guys/gals in southern ontario looking for a good guy to deal with, give Jack at Ryno power sports a call. He's in Burlington. Ignore the price list on his site and just talk to him. I dropped the engine off on the seventh, during a very busy time for him (says he's swamped rebuilding superchargers), and just got a call saying it's done, to come by and pick it up tomorrow, and he'll walk me through some installation tips and the proper break in. He's timed it for me, installed the exhaust manifold, giving me all new oil lines, the flywheel and magneto and all of that is already put on, the pto is on, he even installed a new set of properly gaped plugs. He is a genuinely nice guy. I won't say anything about the quality of the build until I've put a few hours on it, but just being able to talk to a guy who wants to walk you through the entire build and include you on every decision, without making you feel like an idiot, was quite refreshing.

excellent news! and Good Luck!:cheers:

Spent the last three days installing the new engine in 40 degree heat. Not a job I want to do again. Hats off to you guys that do this stuff every day. My ribs will be bruised for a week from hanging over the seats.

I replaced all the fuel lines, cleaned the carbs, new oil and fuel filters, new oil lines, new cooling lines, rebuilt water regulators, etc... Cranked the new engine for a few seconds and the fuel filters filled up nicely. I'm running premix along with the injection for break in. Installed the plugs and blipped the starter. Turns over nice and smooth. Hit the starter again and it ran for a couple seconds. I left it at that for the day, don't want to wreck anything as I didn't have the hoses on.

So, I decided to triple check everything (I like to make sure all my t's are dotted and my i's are crossed :facepalm:), over tightened the bleed screw on the oil pump and it snapped off. Got angry, plugged the leak with some steel, and ordered a used pump. I've tapped enough broken bolts this week (every single air box bolt either broke or came out warped), and don't want to bother fixing this one.

I was going to run it at a nearby lake tomorrow, but it's my last day of vacation and for some weird reason I have no desire to be on the boat. I'll spend tomorrow cleaning the boat so it looks nice at the ramp on Wednesday (maybe with a for sale sign on it). I found a lot of shoddy work on this thing as I went along. I'm glad I replaced it all, I feel at least a little better about it now.

So thanks for all the help guys, I'll ask more questions on Wednesday if it doesn't run right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back