Water connection

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep in mind that you are not truly "flushing" or "cooling" the engines themselves with that connection. You are cooling the exhaust. On an outboard, the engine flush "ear-muffs" actually provide water to the impeller that circulates it through the cooling channels in the engine. On our Sea Doos, the external water hose is providing water to cool the exhaust pipes, aft of the engines. When you run the engines out of the water, the procedure is to start the engines FIRST, then turn on the water flow. When it's time to shut down, turn off the water FIRST and then shut down the engines. Not having the engine running before turning on the water can force water into the engine itself. And it's only recommended to run no more than about 3-5 minutes on the water hose before shutting it down.

A follow up to this, how do you guys prepare for winter? Run a mixture of water and anti freeze connected to the same plug?

A follow up to this, how do you guys prepare for winter? Run a mixture of water and anti freeze connected to the same plug?

I recommend getting a service manual for your boat. Sea Doo does not recommend using antifreeze, instead blowing the water out with compressed air. I have had no issues with the compressed air winterizing method. It's a very simple winterizing process, the more you do it the quicker you will get it done, the first time or two it will be much more time consuming. Just my 2 cents! Good luck!

Next time someone has a problem, maybe i should answer this just to help him:

"Mine works, gotta love it......"

Feel free.

In case you haven't noticed I help out plenty on this site. If you would simply get the repair manual, you'd have the procedure in your hands already. I'm also fairly certain this has been discussed numerous times on this and many other sites and a simple Google search would have answered your question.

My apologies if my humor hurt your feelings.

Here you go sunshine

Well, if everyone had a a repair manual, was a service technician, found it on Google and so on , what would be the use of this forum? Showing everyone your humor? Nuff said, thanks for the link....

Well, if everyone had a a repair manual, was a service technician, found it on Google and so on , what would be the use of this forum? Showing everyone your humor? Nuff said, thanks for the link....

The repair manual is a must have and it's quite reasonable to purchase. You don't need to be a service technician to use it or to maintain your boat. It's extremely helpful for torque specs and how-tos for testing and general maintenance.

Google is also helpful for trying to find topics in forums that have more than likely already been discussed.

The purpose of these forums is many, humor, banter, discussion of ideas and mods, help with repairs and troubleshooting. All sorts of reasons for being on forums. I'm on many for just about everything I own that I either need help with or can provide help for.

You have 18 posts, I've got 934 in here. Fairly certain I've been way more helpful than you.

Again, sorry my comment ruffled your feathers, I still helped you out. If you still have questions about the procedure, let me know.

Nuff said. Lol.

Correction, you may have 934 posts, but at least one is NOT helpful. If you feel you need the last word here, feel free to post another NOT helpful post :) Im off this stupid discussion now, i already said thanks for the link....

Correction, you may have 934 posts, but at least one is NOT helpful. If you feel you need the last word here, feel free to post another NOT helpful post :) Im off this stupid discussion now, i already said thanks for the link....

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Seriously LeffeP, take a deep breath and relax. It's not your place decide what can and shouldn't be posted here. I find it hysterical that you're getting bent outta shape that I posted my comment about not having to winterize because I live in FL. I've seen this type of comment posted time and time again on many other boating forums, yet never seen anyone get all bent outta shape about it like you.

I'm fairly certain I have more than 1 not helpful comment on this forum, and I'll wear like a badge of honor. This forum is more than that. Sorry you didn't get the memo, but feel free to peruse the site and see how it's much more than simply offering help with each and every post/thread.

Carry on sir and thanks for the Monday morning laugh. Geez.

I'm with @JPass on this. On all the threads I read, he's on most of them and has some really great information and help. He's definitely helped me out a few times. I have an engineering degree and both the owners manual and shop manual and even then, I struggle understanding some things and really appreciate some advice and going back and forth with people bouncing ideas. And sometimes, you need a sense of humor. On some of the threads I started, I had issues with one engine not powering down and draining my batter. And when I cut power to it, or it drains my batteries, the hours get reset. After dropping off at the dealership for 11 months straight, with the issue progressing to both engines not powering down properly and resetting hours, you could start both my engines without the keys. This was apparently the first documented case of this issue occurring, as the dealer ended having some high up corporate engineer fly out to them to personally work on the boat and "fix" it, after paying a stupid amount for the bill (was under warranty and blamed my aftermarket amp). I picked it up and a week later, one of my engines caught fire. Did a great job of traumatizing everyone onboard. After they fixed the fire damage, giving me BS excuses, and a month later, both my engines power down, but now sporadically reset their odometers for no reason.

So yeah, in a terrible place where even BRP doesn't have a damn clue whats going on and after working on it, turned my awesome boat into a death trap, charging me for letting them make my original issues significantly worse, and even if I try to sell the boat, no one in their right mind would buy it! But yeah, I come here trying to get advice and learn about my boat to try and fix it since some corporate BRP tech things an amp that a 24 gauge remote turn on wire for amp, that isn't even wired into the ignition system, can somehow power on 2 ECMs and fry them, as well as 4 other ECMs they ordered. I will let you know that ECMs are hard to get and expensive.

Everything said and done, I really appreciate people like JPass that can provide some great helpful information and guidance, plus some humor. Even though my boat is pretty messed up, and don't know the hours anymore, I still enjoy it and confident to drive it thanks to everyones support and humor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back