Value of restored 99 Challenger 1800

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

brushmore

Now that I have just about finished the restoration of my 99 Challenger 1800 it's looking like I am probably going to have to sell it in the Spring for medical reasons. Between what I paid for it and what I have put into it I am at just over $10k. I know I'll never get that back but what do you think I could realistically get?

At this point it's probably just easier to list what I didn't replace so far but the highlights are Full-bore Platinum rebuilds on the engines, reupholstered seats, and new radio/speakers.

engines.jpegseat_front.jpgseats.jpg

I was shocked last year when a faded 1800 sold for $1250 at auction last year. The seats were trashed, there was no key to get into the engine hatch to see if there were even engines in there, no dss key and 2 inches of leaves on top of the shredded boat cover.

I wouldn't do seats for less than $2500 and the motors have to be worth $2000 each all sorted out. The mpem is $1000 and the hull has to be worth something, trailer, too.

I'm interested to see what you get because I've got a 98 Sportster 1800 that I've sunk probably $10k into that I will likely eventually sell. There's basically no component on it that hasn't been replaced new.

Sadly, I think someone wanting to drop $6k+ on such a small, 2-stroke, light boat would just go for something newer. The value of the redone components is lost on most buyers. I think most looking for a boat like these are wanting low entry with the plan of fixing things as they go. And then they end up sitting in their yards and rotting until they liquidate them to the next cheap schmuck willing to park $1000-2000 in their yard for the next 15 years as well.

Maybe I'm just being pessimistic. I hope I am. :)

I would check craigslist. A Google search will come up with a site you can search C/L nation wide.
I'd be a bit more optimistic as I've had people ask me about selling on my lake up here. Apparently the 2 stroke twin engines boats have a following or so I was told.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back