Utopia 205 mechanic in South Florida

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

grivera

Premium Member
Premium Member
Good day Forum.
After a simple routine Jet Drive/strator lube maintenance gone bad, I need help to completing this job. I have 4 shaved bolts that need to be removed before I can put the strator back together and re-lube. I have tried everything!!. PB blaster for weeks, heat, cold, screw removers, broken drill bits.... and nothing is good enough to finish the job with my tools and expertise. Its been a challenge finding somebody to work on my Seadoo Utopia 205 in the Miami/ South Florida area. Any recommendations? SOS!

Attachments

• IMG_5765.jpg
    IMG_5765.jpg
    306.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5766.jpg
    IMG_5766.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 21
Good day Forum.
After a simple routine Jet Drive/strator lube maintenance gone bad, I need help to completing this job. I have 4 shaved bolts that need to be removed before I can put the strator back together and re-lube. I have tried everything!!. PB blaster for weeks, heat, cold, screw removers, broken drill bits.... and nothing is good enough to finish the job with my tools and expertise. Its been a challenge finding somebody to work on my Seadoo Utopia 205 in the Miami/ South Florida area. Any recommendations? SOS!

Remove your wear ring to get better access to the shank of the bolts. Then you have a chance of grabbing the bolt with vise-grips. You will need a crowfoot wrench to remove the nut on the steering cable. Also remove the clamp holding the shift cable. Keep working with the penetrating oil. After you have the wear ring off, be careful of any load placed on the end of the impeller shaft. Bearing and gear and seal damage can occur.

At the end of the impeller shaft-- why is your shaft all rusty? Looks grooved and like it has been very hot. This end of the shaft is a bearing surface that should be very smooth. It rides in a plastic bushing in oil. Also has a seal to retain the oil. Shaft should not have any grooves or steps.

Thanks for your reply Tim75. It appears that both the bearings and seals had been worn off a while back so there was water inside the shaft,I think thats why it has some rust. I have the new seals and as soon as I can remove the screws will carefully replace them. Will post progress.

Thanks for your reply Tim75. It appears that both the bearings and seals had been worn off a while back so there was water inside the shaft,I think thats why it has some rust. I have the new seals and as soon as I can remove the screws will carefully replace them. Will post progress.

From the looks of the shaft, you need bearings, too. Bearings and seal are in the stator housing. How is the oil in the gearbox? Any glitter? Milky? Chunky? Any of those may require lifting out the engine.

Back