URGENT Axle Grease Everywhere is this a bearing problem?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGrayt1

Was about to take the ski to the lak and noticed a near flat tire on the drivers side and grease eevrywhere by the bearing buddy and the piece pushed out. I am no trailer expert, what is the problem and how can I fix it to tow safely?

Attachments

• 20180601_104022.jpg
    20180601_104022.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 37
  • 20180601_104025.jpg
    20180601_104025.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 36
Measure the hub and head to walmart and pick up some bearing buddies in the boating section. Follow the directions. You should probably remove the hubs, clean and repack the bearings on both sides of the trailer.

I know I’m a little late, but.... When you clean the bearings check closely for dark lines running the length of the needle bearings. If there are lines on the bearings it means that there was water intrusion at one point or another and that means rust. Immediately replace any bearings that have dark lines or are darker on one end than the other. Make sure you remove as much grease from the old hubs as you can if this is the case. As cheap as bearings are it’s not worth running on an “iffy” bearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back