Unknown hose !

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

gusthebus

Hello I was wondering if this is a vent hose or if it’s supposed to be connected to anything? tearing down my engine I noticed it and couldn’t find anywhere it would go except for being a breather. Thank you!C0A8EF7B-4F77-41E3-8463-D4C9519B6261.jpeg

Attachments

• 81A2CA66-837E-4025-B45B-5C1E4FE564C0.jpeg
    81A2CA66-837E-4025-B45B-5C1E4FE564C0.jpeg
    337.7 KB · Views: 10
Flooded batteries have a vent for Hydrogen gas which is explosive so the hose is to vent it out of the hull. You will see a little drain tube on the batteries.

If you use a sealed maintenance free battery or an AGM then the hose doesn't connect to anything.

Flooded batteries have a vent for Hydrogen gas which is explosive so the hose is to vent it out of the hull. You will see a little drain tube on the batteries.

If you use a sealed maintenance free battery or an AGM then the hose doesn't connect to anything.
It is sealed! Was wondering why I couldn’t find anything to hook it up to. Thought it was weird. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Also thank you for convincing me to do my top end a few weeks back. She will be nice and “new” in a few days here.

Back