Trying to pick a ski

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt there's any new opinions, but I've got a Js550 and 650SX both in front of me right now. I really just want something I can get the most out of in flat water. I rarely have more than chop to jump, so I was leaning towards the 550 thinking it's lighter and simpler, probably takes less to launch it. But I keep looking at the 650 and it's beautiful, good price, etc. I mainly ride heavy SeaDoo, or an SP that I treat more like a ballistics experiment than a ski. I'm not worried about stability so much, I've never found anything else I couldn't adjust to, so...? Usually stability or "it's tippy" just mean it's something I can really whip around and get stupid on. I'm not a huge guy, so I don't have as many issues on small skis I guess. Idk. What's easier to launch, stock vs stock. Neither of them is stock, but I'm trying for simple

I never liked the 550 as it was too small and unstable and under powered, then again I am 6'3" 200 lbs.

I would take the 650SX any day of the week.

Ill open this for future comments if you are still out there considered a SXR 800. A whole new beast!

I've not owned one, but wanted to and researched and I saw a fair amount of discussion that the 550 was the sweet spot of power and size and the 650 was bigger and heavier, faster but not necessarily more fun.

In my opinion 550's aren't worth the trouble. If you weigh about 100-120 lbs they can be fun but there are better skis out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back