Timing help plaese (dr honda?)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
2000 model 240efi (early model) My manual says to unhook black/white wire from idle stabilizer box. Where is that box? I assume its one of the two stacked on top of each other on top of powerhead, but that's not what my manual calls them. Neither of them have a black/white wire coming out of them but there is a black/white wire coming from main harness plugging into one of the boxes. Is this the right wire or am I way off thanks.

If there is a black/white plugging into that box I would assume that is the one they're talking about. The manual saying "from" could actually mean "to". Possibly part of the harness it "to" the box and other wires are from" the box. What does the manual call them? I'm not a Merc guy, just trying to get you in the right direction. What exactly is the problem you're having?

Ignition controller and rev limiter is what my merc manual calls them. I just want to verify timing is right. I bought it with bad motor all apart. Installed new power head and only got to run it a couple times last year. It was down on rpms only around 5k. Since I rushed to get it together last year I've been going over everything this winter replacing a bunch of parts and checking the rest. The timing has been eating away at me all winter wondering if I'm unhooking the right wire so I ask here because I have spent countless hours reading including every single post in this section as well as other boards and can not find out which box or wire. I find people talking bout it but not a single solid reference to location. Thanks

Here is pic of two boxes in question to the left of my hand. The wire in question is in my hand. It is the only white/black wire I can find

I would pull it and try it. I'm assuming you need to pull that so you can check the timing correct with an inductive timing light. I was reading the manual but I need section 2 and I don't think SDF has it. I also read in teh manual that o verify the timing you need to hook up to a Merc DDT can tool.

I rechecked the timing today with the wire in question unhooked and then checked it again with it hooked. There wasn't any difference. So I then unhooked every wire on top of the motor and the timing still checked the same. Guess ill just stick it in the water and try it assuming I ever get my prop back from impros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back