Throttle spring

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 96 seadoo with the 587 motor. When I got it the carb was not on the motor, as the person I bought it from had taken in off to be rebuilt. When I went to put in back on the motor I cannot get the throttle to work properly. Would someone be able to send me a picture of how the spring is mounted to open and close the throttle? I have tried looking in the manual but it doesn't show how the spring mounts on the arm that the throttle lever is mounted on. I think the spring is my problem. A picture would be great, if possible.
Thanks for any help.

This isn't off the SPI but hope this helps some. I may have more pictures, I'll check.

Carb Spring - Edit.jpg
The Bottom Picture looks like the choke spring but the picture may help.
Carb Fitting 2-edit.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know if it makes any difference but my ski is a 96 gts. If you could show me how the spring in the second picture attaches, I think that would help a lot. My problem is I can't get tension on the spring.

:D :D If I motivate myself I'll go take a few pics for you. Update.... I'm too lazy tonight and me and the new Iphone are not very good friends yet so.... no joy. LOL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back