Sudden power loss and vibrations

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

imall4me

Looking for any suggestions on the issue.

I was riding for several hours and all of a sudden got a heavy vibration when applying throttle and noticed a loss in power. Power loss might just be me not wanting to high rev with the issue i'm experiencing. Notice vibrations when throttling up and hooked up to water source as well. Upgrades are 110 tune, solas, exhaust, ribbon delete.

Checked pump and wear ring, no obstructions. Ring was just replaced 3 weeks ago. No rocks since 2015 but have went through at least 3 wear rings.

Pump sounds like it could have bad bearing. (Video link attached)
BEARING NOISE VIDEO

Wear ring shows some wear already. (Pic attached)

Old water straight fitting showed damage, new one already got some small marks appearing. (Pic of old attached)

Attachments

• wear ring.jpe
    wear ring.jpe
    105.6 KB · Views: 15
  • water straight.jpe
    water straight.jpe
    96.1 KB · Views: 15
First guess would be that something has worked loose and your alignment is off between engine and jet pump. Check that the jet pump is firmly attached to the hull.

Take the top deck off and make sure that the engine if firmly attached to the hull...give it a good hard wiggle, if the engine moves independent of the hull...check your motor mount attachment points, also check to see if any shims may have worked loose between the hull and the motor mounts.

Back