Steering issue

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scw8047

Hi all. I just picked up a brand new 2018 GTI SE 130 to compliment my 2018 GTI SE 155. I tried the new one this last weekend and noticed the steering on it is really stiff. It takes noticeable effort to turn it. The other one isn’t like that and wasn’t like that when it was new. I’ve owned 2 other GTI’s in the past and they weren’t like that either. Is this an assembly issue? Is this something that should loosen with more use. I only put 2 hours on it so far? Is this something I can adjust or does it need professional help? Thanks

Shortly after I purchased my '02s and woke them up from their winter hibernation, I had one ski where the steering wouldn't move at all. I had to disconnect the steering linkage, rig up hoses, and a pressure nozzle, fill the hose with XPS lube, and then force the lube (with air pressure) through the cable. You wouldn't believe all the junk that came out of the cable near the jet pump!!! After the flush, I haven't had any problems with steering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back