Sportster 4 Tec Check Engine light - help!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All,

I am new to the forum and have a technical question.

I have a 4 Tec Sportster 2003, its been treating us well over the years. 2 Weeks ago after a full Firday afternoon of tubing and skiing as I was aproaching the dock, the check engine light came on. I let the boat sit for a little bit and went for a ride later and all was well. I used it for the next day or 2 with no issues. Skiing, tubing, etc...

Fast forward to this past Friday, same thing happened again! After a full Friday afternoon on the lake the light comes on...However, this time I let it sit, went for a ski in the evening, light comes on after 15 minutes!

Saturday Morning I decide to take it out of the water and the check engine light comes on after only 5 minutes on the way to the town launch.

I checked all the fluid levels, everything looks great. Boat seems to operate normally, can pull a skier or double tube with no issues except when the check engine light comes on, since it goes to emergency mode and cuts back on power.

Right now the boat is sitting at the dealer and they may not be able to look at it for another 2 weeks, I start my vacation on Saturday and really bummed that the kids may not be able to enjoy the lake.

Can someone give any hints as to what could be the cause?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back