Sportster 1800 Hull Not Draining

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barnhart501

So I have a 1998 seadoo sportster 1800, twin engine. It has the single drain plug at the back. The engine compartment is draining fine, but the passthrough channel to the front of the boat is plugged, so I’m holding quite a bit of water up there. I’ve tried to get it unplugged by jamming different types of pipes up the channel but no luck yet. Anyone else face this issue or have an idea?

When I bought the boat last summer, it had walnuts or something all over it, so I’m sure I washed some down the ski compartment and that certainly doesn’t help. ‍♂️

I'd try something like a thick wire or 3/16" threaded rod type metal with a hook on the end of it. Lay it flat if flat bottom or hook down if round area to be cleaned out. Push in as far as you can and turn the hook up and pull however you need to break something loose, then hose the channel out. Pushing pipes up in there is just going to pack it from the sound of it. You need to hook and pull it out

I have same model and had to remove the check valve for the passenger area drain to clean the hose out. I've cleaned a lot of clogged lines but never one like that. Clog was at least 5 inches of hair and leaves, etc. It actually drained decent but I thought seemed slow for size of the drain line.
Is this pass through you talk about the retangular channel beneath the gas tank? My hull takes days to dry out, so maybe I need to do same.

I'd try something like a thick wire or 3/16" threaded rod type metal with a hook on the end of it. Lay it flat if flat bottom or hook down if round area to be cleaned out. Push in as far as you can and turn the hook up and pull however you need to break something loose, then hose the channel out. Pushing pipes up in there is just going to pack it from the sound of it. You need to hook and pull it out

I have same model and had to remove the check valve for the passenger area drain to clean the hose out. I've cleaned a lot of clogged lines but never one like that. Clog was at least 5 inches of hair and leaves, etc. It actually drained decent but I thought seemed slow for size of the drain line.
Is this pass through you talk about the retangular channel beneath the gas tank? My hull takes days to dry out, so maybe I need to do same.

No, the pass thru I’m talking about is between the engines, running back to the compartment that the tank sits in. Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll have to try that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back