Speedster 200 and pulling tube

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know about the raised tow bar either — I pulled a couple young adults on a tube tied to my tow bar and at the end of the day the par couldn’t be pushed back down to its lowered position!! Still can’t — may have to take it apart and try to somehow straighten? Anyone have a similar issue? I got an 04 Speedster 200.

My understanding is to not pull tubes with the wake tower or the ski pylon, only the tow ring. That’s what we do with our 210 challenger and we also use a booster ball to keep the rope out of the jet wash

I don’t know about the raised tow bar either — I pulled a couple young adults on a tube tied to my tow bar and at the end of the day the par couldn’t be pushed back down to its lowered position!! Still can’t — may have to take it apart and try to somehow straighten? Anyone have a similar issue? I got an 04 Speedster 200.
I can’t get mine to come up.

I have a 2007 Speedster 150. I used the tow bar with a 4 person, and i have gradually moved down to a 2 person. The bar definitely is angled but i can get it down. I was lucky having 3 mid sized people, and not 4 big guys on the tube, which probably saved me from your issue. It seems to be a common problem though.

The previous owner of my boat replaced the tow bar for the very reason that you are talking about. He raised it and towed a wakeboarder causing the tow bar to bend and not retract. I would tie the tow rope to the rear two permanent hooks before trying to pull with the extendable tow bar.

Oh and for the record.....it sounds much better to refer to the tow bar's capabilities as extending, raising or lowering the tow bar" instead of saying you "can't get it up"......:eek:

Yep lesson learned -- going forward I will be towing tubes/passengers from the bow & stern eyelets ... these are available tow points according to the User Manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back