Speedster 150 not beeping

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

WaTeRMaNiaC407

Hey All,

I have a 2012 Speedster 150. It is a great boat and I am very glad that I purchased. I was re-reading the user manual and it said that when the lanyard is connected that it should chirp (like the Sea Doo PWCs i'd imagine) and you should get longer beeps if you try to start it out of neutral and certain other conditions. (over heating, etc.)

The thing is that mine never beeps or chirps ever and it never has. Is this something that has not been hooked up (or possibly disconnected) when the dealer was prepping?

Anyone have any ideas on what I could check or if perhaps this is now normal and the manual is incorrect?

Thanks,

Mark

Update to this, I am pretty sure that the user manual that shipped with the boat was old. There is an updated user manual on the SeaDoo website that is different and does not say anything about the boat beeping or chirping unless there is a failure of some type.

My 2012 doesn't either, and every now and then I think "why won't this damn thing start". Then I realize it's not in nuetral. LOL
I'm used to the chirp from other boats to remind me of that, but oh well.

Exactly....first time I pushed back from the dock I had people watching me drift off in my shiny new boat and I am flustered wondering why it won't start. I am turning the key off and back on.....I eventually realized that I needed to put it in neutral and all was good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back